Sage (Salvia officinalis) is known for its support of body care vitality. It brings a fresh, herbal aroma to any blend.
Aura Cacia Sage typically comes from Austria and Croatia. The essential oil is obtained by steam distillation of the partially dried leaves.
• The aroma of sage essential oil is described as sweet and herbaceous.
• Warm and penetrating, sage is an effective essential oil for home care and cleansing applications. It is often used in diffusions for stale spaces.
• Sage is useful in skin applications when blended well. For body care, sage is used in massage blends and chest balms. The oil is a wonderful addition to warming blends, especially when it’s cold.
• Ceremonially, sage is perceived to impart wisdom and strength. Its aroma is used in rites and spiritual practices.
• Sage blends well with many other essential oils, including lavender, rosemary and citrus oils.
• Sage is generally considered a top note.